“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman
Due to my general interest in almost everything that is, or is related to, physics; I decided to study physics back in 2001. After about four years of broad physics education during my master degree studies mainly at Humboldt-University Berlin and the Niels Bohr Institute, I decided to write my master thesis on Elementary Particle Physics at the Niels Bohr Institute.
The obviously obvious decision to continue in this field brought me to DESY to write my doctoral thesis, which I defended 12 July 2010.
After about three and a half years as a postdoc at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, I lead a junior research group as lecturer (Akademischer Rat auf Zeit) at LMU Munich, where I finished my Habilitation in 2020 and now work as senior lecturer (Akademischer Oberrat auf Zeit).
In 2022 I switched from quarks to qubits and started working for the Munich Quantum Valley initiative.
I am currently working …
- as science communication and education office for the Munich Quantum Valley initiative (since 2022),
- on searches for new physics with unconventional signatures in ATLAS (since 2011),
- as seminar and exercise tutor as well as student supervisor at LMU Munich (since 2014),
- on various outreach projects (since 2006),
and previously had responsibilities as …
- project lead for the development of a new ATLAS Visitor Centre (2018 to 2022),
- ATLAS Education & Outreach coordinator (2018 to 2022),
- ATLAS representative to the International Particle Physics Outreach Group (2018 to 2022),
- communication advisor for the German BMBF collaborative research centre ErUM-FSP T09 Belle II (2021 to 2022),
- ATLAS representative to the LHC long-lived particle working group (2020 to 2022),
- coordinator for the ATLAS contributions to the 2019 CERN Open Days (July 2018 to October 2019),
- reviewer for an Open Access Journal (2018),
- co-convener of the ATLAS Exotics subgroup for Unconventional signatures and Exotic Higgs searches (April 2016 to March 2017),
- co-convener of the ATLAS SUSY subgroup for R-parity violating and long-lived signatures (April 2015 to March 2016),
- convener of the ATLAS Outreach subgroup for Events and ATLAS’ 25th birthday (2017 to 2018),
- ATLAS editorial-board member (2016 to 2022, various chairs since 2017),
- member of the ATLAS Monte Carlo production core team (2012 to 2022),
- Monte Carlo contact person of the ATLAS SUSY group (July 2012 to September 2013),
- production manager for dedicated Stable Massive Particle reconstruction in ATLAS (2011 to 2015),
- software responsible at the German National Analysis Facility (2007 to 2010).
Find out more via the drop down menu at the top.