“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman
Due to my general interest in almost everything that is, or is related to, physics; I decided to study physics back in 2001. After about four years of broad physics education during my master degree studies mainly at Humboldt-University Berlin and the Niels Bohr Institute, I decided to write my master thesis on Elementary Particle Physics at the Niels Bohr Institute.
The obviously obvious decision to continue in this field brought me to DESY to write my graduation thesis, which I defended 12th July 2010.
After about three and a half years as a postdoc at the Niels Bohr Institute in Copenhagen, I now lead a junior research group as lecturer (Akademischer Rat) at LMU Munich.
I am currently working …
- on searches for unconventional signatures in ATLAS (since 2011),
- as ATLAS Outreach & Education coordinator (since March 2018),
- as ATLAS representative to the International Particle Physics Outreach Group (since March 2018),
- in the ATLAS Monte Carlo production team (since 2012, currently on non-standard requests),
- as seminar and exercise tutor as well as student supervisor at LMU Munich (since 2014),
- as ATLAS editorial-board member and chair (since 2017),
- on various outreach projects (since 2006),
and previously had responsibilities as …
- reviewer for an Open Access Journal (2018),
- co-convener of the ATLAS Exotics subgroup for Unconventional signatures and Exotic Higgs searches (April 2016 to March 2017),
- co-convener of the ATLAS SUSY subgroup for R-parity violating and long-lived signatures (April 2015 to March 2016),
- as convener of the ATLAS Outreach subgroup for Events and ATLAS’ 25th birthday (2017 to 2018),
- as ATLAS editorial-board member (2016),
- Monte Carlo contact person of the ATLAS SUSY group (July 2012 to September 2013),
- production manager for dedicated Stable Massive Particle reconstruction in ATLAS (2011 to 2015),
- software responsible at the German National Analysis Facility (2007 to 2010).
Find out more via the drop down menu at the top.